Surrealism is the new Real

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Beginnings



So the short version is: CHANGE.

Everything in the last month - job, life, art projects, housing, even the computer decided to die on me. The computer situation is remedied, but the rest of it is still on-going. I was fighting being nicknamed the "Nomad". Now I've just embraced it. I don't know where all this change will take me over the next few months, but I'm hoping it'll be a bit closer to friends and family. If nothing else, I will be staying with friends and family until I can find somewhere to settle in for a while.

However, in the changes have also come beginnings:



I've begun working with the folks over at Zombie Orpheus Entertainment, specifically with writers Matt Vancil and Kevin Mickelson, doing illustrations for the JourneyQuest RPG that was unlocked with 300 subscribers. I'm thrilled to be working on the project, and hope that you will check it out, and possibly subscribe to help the community and media (films, games, and more) grow as a continued fan-supported series.


You can check our JourneyQuest Episodes on Youtube.com.  I'll post more on that project as it develops.



Sylvermoon Chronicles III from Quicksylver Productions is out now, which contains a short comic collaboration that Eric "Takkless" Ray and I worked on over the course of last year, as well as another short story by yours truly, along with a ton of terrific authors. (The cover of the book is also a collaboration.)

We're already working on Sylvermoon Chronicles IV, and I cannot say how excited I am to be part of the continuing series.

I also have several children's books lined up for illustration (alas, not for public consumption), wedding portraits, and I'll be spending a day at the Pet Valu in Kincardine, Ontario, doing caricatures to raise money for their pet adoption program.








No comments:

Post a Comment